A Story Businesses Can Relate
Generating leads can be a hassle if we don’t use the appropriate tools. But with lead form extensions, you can garner many leads within a short span of time.
Imagine you’re a customer looking to buy a new dress online. You find a website that sells what you want. But due to slow loading speeds, a clunky interface, and poor interface navigation, you’re fed up with the buying experience. You proceed to cancel your purchase and move onto other websites.
On average, the attention span of a digital consumer is eight seconds. Surprisingly, this is a drastic decrease from 12 seconds in 2000. This behavior affects how a consumer searches for a product or service online.
People want seamless methods of doing things online. In other words, we want to view information online without too much clutter and obtain information rapidly. If there’s too much friction, we’ll ultimately abandon the site. As a result, companies lose their chances of gaining leads.
Therefore, marketers must invest their time in creating a well-rounded user experience that’s fast, easy, and fuss-free. Most importantly, businesses are advised to develop more efficient methods of gathering prospective customers.
So, where do lead form extensions come to play in this situation?
What Are Lead Form Extensions?
Google Ads has recently introduced lead form extensions. The idea behind this is for online consumers to send in their information into a form – directly in your ad. In other words, you can establish engaging relationships with new customers with this minimalistic and frictionless tool
The concept of lead forms isn’t exactly new. Companies have often used lead forms to compile information from online customers. However, experiences like typing on small screens, typos, or difficulty finding a business’s contact information ruin the chances of completing a form.
But with Google Ads lead form extensions, you can prevent those cases and earn prospective leads instead. These extensions were designed to replace direct prospects with a post-click page to convert. Therefore, consumers don’t necessarily have to visit your website to get you a lead.
Furthermore, businesses that use this particular extension will immediately show a form right under the search ad. This form is accessible no matter what device you’re using.
The best part? Google Ads lead extension forms immediately capture user information by pre-filling their pop-up forms. What’s more, this saves consumers’ time spent providing information on a form and automatically increases lead generation.
Reasons to Use Lead Form Extensions
- Establishes a faster lead capture by reducing the number of steps in a customer’s experience (e.g., not having to access your landing page).
- Garners high-quality leads from prospective customers who show a strong interest in purchasing your product or service.
- Supports mobile-friendly interfaces that appeal to customers’ current generation – 48% of buyers use mobiles as the first point of contact to start their search.
- Allows businesses to narrow down their target consumers and get a better picture of what their current customers are like.
- It doesn’t require technical abilities to create a lead form extension on your Google Ads campaign – with a few clicks of a button, your form can immediately go live.
What to Prepare
Before you can use lead form extensions, you’re business must fulfill the following requirements:
- Has a clear track record and complies with existing policies.
- Does not contain sensitive material (e.g., adult content).
Note: campaigns that are using lead form extensions to Videos, Display, or Discovery campaigns must have spent more than USD 50,000 total in Google Ads.
How to Create Lead Form Extensions
- Login to your Google Ads account. Select Campaigns.
- Click on the “+” button. Choose New campaign.
- Select Leads and choose your campaign type (Search, Discovery, Video, or Display). Press Continue.
- Fill in your campaign settings.
- Access the lead form extension editor. Enter details about your lead form.
- Select Create new on the lead form extension editor.
- Give your form a headline, business name, and a brief description.
- Select the provided questions you would like to include in your lead extension form.
- Add a call-to-action feature to promote interaction with your form.
- Review and accept the terms of service. Click Save.
Learn More With Us
digitus is a leading team of professionals equipped with digital marketing expertise. We’re here to provide you with actionable insights on how to grow your business. We’re not just executing a task – we have your overall success in view.
Give your business the boost it deserves. Contact us to learn more about lead form extensions and begin generating prospects.